- This event has passed.
Workshop: ONE LOST STONE – Staging Sephardi Heritage
June 16 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
On 16 June, please join us for our first R&D drama workshop in London, to explore ways of staging and the use of storytelling strategies to activate aspects of Sephardi Jewish heritage.
One Lost Stone, our new and exciting site-responsive performance, will be created from our R&D workshops, and from the research and oral histories we are collecting. Help us originate this dynamic new work and be part of the performance on 22 September in and around Novo Cemetery, in the grounds of Queen Mary University of London.
The workshop is FREE and open to all ages (although not appropriate for the very young), abilities and backgrounds. All you need is an enthusiasm to join in and a willingness to experiment with storytelling and themes. The workshop would especially be ideal for performers, musicians, guides and history enthusiasts.
Places are limited so please Book Your Tickets Now Via Eventbrite.
- The workshop will be photographed and filmed, so you will need to sign a consent form to be part of the event.
- There is no parking on campus, however you can find travel information to Queen Mary University of London and a campus map here: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/about/howtofindus/mileend/
- The venue is fully accessible, although Novo Cemetery itself has access through a staircase. If you have any access requirements, please let us know in advance.
- Please wear comfortable clothing to be able to move in. We will also spend some time outside on site, so bring some suitable weatherproof clothing too (just in case!).
- We will provide tea and coffee, water and biscuits. You will need to bring your own lunch. There are cafés and supermarkets nearby. Please note that cafés on campus are closed on Sundays.